We all love PS4, but one thing that e didn’t like about it was, there is no way by which you can control the volume of your headset or headphone. And by the way, the volume that you hear on your headphone is really very low. It is something that has been bugging us since very long and people have tried almost everything to get most out of their PlayStation 4 console in terms of earphone audio.
Increase (or Decrease) Headphone / Headset Volume on PS4
Method 1: Via Settings
However, after waiting for a long time, Sony heard the problems faced by the users and released an update to their PS4 Software which features a lot of new features as well as including few hidden things that solved many of our problems including adjustments to microphone and headset volume.
Now you can access the microphone settings from the PS4 settings only. In order to do that, you need to follow the steps given below:
- First, go to the PS4 Home Screen and from there scroll up to go to the Home Menu.
- Scroll down to find the Settings and then press X button.
- In Setting, you will find Devices option. Go to it and then press X button.
- Under Devices you will find Audio Devices. Select it by pressing X.
- There you will be able to see a bar to adjust the Microphone volume. Change is as per your requirement and then click OK. (Note: This feature can only be accessed when you have a headset connected to your PS4)
- Now, when you speak, you will be able to see the level of input volume and you can play around with the microphone level as well.
- After you are done, press OK.
Method 2: Increasing the TV Volume
Many of you might not know, but when you connect your PS4 to TV using HDMI cable or some other connector, the audio gets connected too. Now you can connect the headphones or earphones to the TV and then increase the TV volume to change the sound as per your wish.
Method 3: Get an Audio Splitter
An HDMI audio splitter could be another good choice if you wish to vary the headphone volume a lot. It is basically a device that takes the input from HDMI cable which is in return connected to PS4. There is two output coming out of the splitter, one for mic and other for sound. You can connect your headphone to the splitter output port and vary the volume as you want.