There is a new patch that is out for FIFA 18 game and it is now available for both Xbox One as well as PlayStation 4 users. The patch 1.09 was released for the PC version of FIFA 18 last week and today it is out for the console version of the game.
There are a lot of bugs that have been addressed as well as fixed as a part of this FIFA 18 1.09 patch. Not only that, it also brings a lot of accessibility settings as well as 2D portrait updates for more than 100 players in the game.
There was a new Tweet on their Twitter account which said, “The latest FIFA 18 Title Update is live on Xbox One and PlayStation 4. Reminder that this update went live on PC last week”.
Along with the Patch 1.09, the Patch notes went live as well which one can find below as well as in the EA Sports forum. But before we go into the official FIFA 18 Patch 1.09 notes, let us summarize for you the big changes that you are going to observe after the update.
First of all, it is the seventh biggest update that the title has received after the launch and there will be more that will follow. But the biggest question now is, what is the difference in the new release?
Well, one of the big changes that you will be noticing after installing the patch 1.09 is the new Accessibility Setting screen. It is a new way using which the company plans to reach deep into the market enrolling more online gamers than before. EA Sports think that people who are medically sound as well as disabled should be able to enjoy the game of football. This is somewhat related to their initiative which is focused mainly on their FIFA as well as Madden game franchise.
There was an issue in the game as well where the player faced difficulty while navigating in the game. The players reported that whenever they pressed the “D-pad, when using controller, would occasionally not register.” Some player thought it to be a lag that is caused by the menu, but the complaint was made by many users out there. It is true that the menu in the PC version of the game is a lot smoother than the console version. But player playing the game on PC as well registered this glitch. Developers did register the complaint and improvements have been made. However, we still need the players to test it and tell if the issue is actually resolved or not.
The developers have replaced around 970 2D portraits of the players with a new one. The notes said that “Updates to the 2D portraits for 970 players” have been made and they have also added “2D portraits for 342 players that previously had a silhouette.”
Here are the complete official FIFA 18 Update 7 Patch 1.09 Notes:
- The addition of an Accessibility Settings screen.
- This is available in the Main Menu on the Customize tab by selecting the Settings tile.
- This adds the following new settings:
- The ability for players to remove the need to use the right stick within the game menus, allowing for navigation with the left stick only when using a controller.
- The ability for players to remove the need to use the left and right trigger/left and right bumper buttons within the game menus, allowing for players to scroll up to the top of the menu and cycle through them with the left stick when using a controller.
- This change will impact the Game Settings and Controller Settings screens only.
- The ability to add an on-screen, and clickable, ESC button during gameplay to allow for opening the Pause Menu using the mouse only (PC Only).
- The ability to increase the size of the clickable buttons within the game menus when using a mouse (PC Only)
Addressed the following issues in all screens:
- Pressing the D-pad, when using a controller, would occasionally not register.
Made the following changes in FIFA Ultimate team:
- In FUT Champions Weekend League, on the Match Preview screen, you will no longer see the status of your opponent update between “Making Changes” and “Ready”, it will always display as “Making Changes”.
- There is a known issue with this change that sometimes results in the status for your opponent showing as blank, it will be addressed in a future update.
- Selecting the difficulty of a match in FUT Squad Battles will no longer cause the player’s default match difficulty setting outside of
- FUT Squad Battles to be changed.
- In the preview panel for a FUT Champions Channel replay, the match records displayed for the participating players will now reflect their record when that match took place instead of their current record.
Addressed the following issues in FIFA Ultimate team:
- German and Polish text overlapping the button icons on the controls panel in FUT Champions Channel.
- Player Contracts and Manager Contracts were incorrectly capitalized in the search filter options of the FUT Transfer Market.
- Made the following changes in Audio / Visual / Presentation:
- Updates to the 2D portraits for 970 players.
- Added 2d portraits for 342 players that previously had a silhouette.
- Addressed the following issues in Audio / Visual / Presentation:
- Post goal commentary saying that a defender deflected the ball on goal, when it was actually the keeper that touched the ball before it went into the net, when using Arabic, German, Dutch, Spanish, French, Italian, Mexican Spanish, Polish, Russian or Japanese commentary.