There are some major changes that have been made to one of the most played and popular games similar to PUBG, Fortnite: Battle Royale in the form of the latest v3.5 update. There are many changes in the content of the game and we are going to take you through them one by one.
One of the big change is the version 2 of 50 vs 50 player mode which is somewhat different when we compared to what players saw after the initial release. The version 2 looks really good when compared to the original version which seemed a bit slow, uneven as well as chaotic now. There we other complains where most of the matches would end up with deadly blowouts. We hope developers have noticed all these grievances by the players. Let’s find out below.
The Fortnite: Battle Royale v3.5 patch notes are huge that is why we are going to highlight the most prominent and important changes in the game in this post. To be more specific, out of the two game modes, we are going to cover Battle Royale related updates in this post. But you can get the full list of Fortnite: Battle Royale patch updates and bug fixes from here.
Fortnite: Battle Royale v3.5 Patch Updates
- Each and every team in the game is now going to have a bus. Yes, the teams are going to fall on the ground in a bus. The color of your bus is blue and that of the enemy bus is red. Both the busses are going to head towards each other from the opposite direction.
- Each side of the map will be divided by a thin dotted line which will indicate you of the enemy area. Remember, if you enter the enemy are, there are more chances of you bumping into an enemy, so be prepared at all times.
- One big problem with the initial version of the game was that the players did not know where the final storm circle is going to fall on the map. However, with the new update, players will be able to see the final storm circle from the starting of the game. All the players are going to have 10 minutes to get their resources and loot the map areas the map shrinks towards the final circle. There the players will have 5 minutes to fall into combat after which within another 5 minutes, the circle will shrink entirely.
- The supply drops which were a bliss to the dying or surviving player will now fall 3 to 6 batches. However, this fall will only happen in the final circle and that too at a time interval of 2 minutes.
- Four new heroes have been introduced along with the patch and trust me they have very weird fashion sense.
- We were sick of searching the most important elements in our inventory, i.e. wood, stone and metal, every time we opened the inventory. It has been changed and they will now appear as the first items you see in your inventory whenever you open it.
- Now the player will no longer have to wait for long in the queue as the improved Login Queue is going to remember your position in the line even if you quit the game and then restart it.
- Players can save the matches they like to see again and they can watch it all over again from any angle they want. Different camera modes have been added to the game are: Third person, Drone Follow, Drone Attach, Gameplay, and Drone Free. The speed selector also allows you the pick the speed and alter it as per your wish to watch the important moment more closely.
- There are new neon weapons introduced with the update and a new portable fort with the name “Port-a-fort” which actually fortifies the players within a second. But there are few things you should know about it. First of all, Port-a-Fort is an epic rarity item. You can only drop them in a stack of one and can only stack 5 of them in your inventory. Once you throw the Port-a-Fort, a whole three-story tall fort made out of metal appears out of nowhere.
- The Guided missile movement has been decreased by 15% along with the Guided missile turn rate by 75%
- Changes have been made to other major and most used weapons as well.
- There have been a lot of fixes in the guided missile and we think you should go through them one by one here.
- Fixed where the players saw the weapon floating in the air for players with slow network and when they tried to switch their weapons quickly.
- There was an issue reported by players where they were not allowed to edit the structures that they have built themselves. It has been fixed with this update.
- Another fix solves the issue where the structure health bar vanished when the player looked at them while aiming through a weapon.
- The text on the minimap was too small for some players. The font size of the minimap text has been increased with v3.5 update.
Regarding the performance update and optimizations the developers stated:
“We’ve made some data layout optimizations in order to improve load times and performance. Load times reduced by 25-30 seconds as a result of these changes on Xbox One and around 10 seconds on PS4. On both platforms, we expect to see fewer issues with geometry or cosmetics failing to load in time, and FPS drops during skydiving. The Xbox One download will be larger than normal in this release as a result of these optimizations. We’re working to minimize the impact of this type of optimization in future releases.”
So, these were the major that you are going to notice while playing the game generally. Other updates might not be visible or you may not realize their existence, but all together they have improved the game a lot when compared to its original version. Do not forget to read the entire Fortnite: Battle Royale v3.5 Patch updates which also includes updates for the Fortnite: Save the World mode as well.