Razer Brings Brand New Basilisk Gaming Mouse Especially for FPS Gamers
Serious FPS players know that good mouse can make a difference between winning and losing. This knows also company Razer which for years has been producing some of the most popular mouse for gaming between some of which are DeathAdder and Lancehead. Even though these are still the top notch piece of gaming peripherals, Razer believes that time has come for something new and this new comes under the name Razer Basilisk.
It’s about the mouse that’s specially designed for the needs of players playing first-person shooters. The Basilisk has a sensor of 16 thousand DPI, just like earlier mentioned models, but it has a much higher level of adjustment thanks to the “clutch”, actually the keys mounted on the left side.
Clutches on Basilisk can be used for various purposes – for example, to activate voice communication, as an additional command or a key that can be used to adjust DPI, or mouse sensitivity. Hand on the heart, it is no kind of a novelty because we could see such a function on other gaming mouses, but for Razer probably it is.
Basically, the Razer Basilisk mouse is designed for right-handed people, covered with rubber and comes with several scrolling options, also weighs about 107 grams. Its price is not wild – it will sell for 70 euros and can be acquired from this month.
This newest addition to Razer’s line of purpose-built mice features a 5G true 16,000 DPI optical sensor as found on DeathAdder Elite and Lancehead Tournament Edition and promised deliver accuracy and precision demanded by FPS gamers. In addition, it boasts Razer Mechanical Mouse Switches that touts a mind-blowing 50 million click lifespan.
Other highlights include up to 450 inches per second / 50 G acceleration, gaming-grade tactile scroll wheel with customizable resistance, two removable and programmable clutch buttons and a rubber thumb cap, eight independently programmable Hyperesponse buttons, ergonomic right-handed design with enhanced rubber side grips (sorry, leftie!), 1,000 Hz Ultrapolling, Razer Synapse 3 (Beta) enabled, and last but not the least, it is Razer Chroma-enabled, affording you with customizable lighting from a palette of 16.8 million color options.
So, if you are looking to tweak your FPS-centric mouse to the very last ounce, the Razer Basilisk may be it. The Razer Basilisk FPS gaming mouse is available on Razer web store, priced at $69.99 a pop.
- Razer 5G optical sensor with true 16,000 DPI
- Up to 450 inches per second (IPS) / 50 G acceleration
- Gaming-grade tactile scroll wheel with customizable resistance
- Two removable clutches (short/long) buttons and a rubber thumb cap
- Eight independently programmable Hyperesponse buttons
- RazerTMMechanical Mouse Switches
- Ergonomic right-handed design with enhanced rubber side grips
- Razer Chroma™ lighting with true 16.8 million customizable color options
- 1000 Hz Ultrapolling
- Razer Synapse 3 (Beta) enabled
- Approximate size: 124 mm / 4.88 in (Length) X 75 mm / 2.94 in (Width) X 43 mm / 1.69 in (Height)
- Approximate weight 107 g / 0.24 lbs