The latest title from Rockstar Studios, Red Dead Redemption has been launched and it is available for purchase for your respective console. The game itself has three different variants – Ultimate Edition, Special Edition, and Standard Edition. All three of these editions of the game come with their own perks.
The game made special story mode enhancements for people who pre-ordered the game. The details for these enhancements are as follows:
- War Horse: You get an iron-grey colored Ardennes War Horse which can be used in battles and it has special perks and advantages like greater courage and stamina when compared to a typical steed.
- The Outlaw Survival Kit: This kit, as the name suggests, comes with a collection of key supplies that will help you in the enduring battles. You will have items to replenish Health, Dead Eye and more.
Digital Pre-Order Bonuses
The pre-order also brought other perks and the pre-orders from platforms like the PlayStation Store or an Xbox Store will get the following perks.
- Cash bonus in the Red Dead Redemption 2 Story Mode.
- Treasure Map which will help you hunt for hidden treasures.
Let us now take a look at the various game variants that Rockstar has launched for the game.
Red Dead Redemption 2: Special Edition
The Red Dead Redemption 2: Special Edition comes with new additions to the game’s already existing story mode. The perks and additions for the Special Edition are listed below.
- Bank Robbery Mission and Gang Hideout in Story Mode: You get access to a Bank Robbery Mission which will be exclusive to the Special Edition customers. The Bank Robbery Mission will be included in the story mode where Arthur and a bunch of his gang members plan and rob the bank in the southern town of Rhodes.
- Dappled Black Thoroughbred: You also get a racehorse that sports a reverse-dappled black coat. You can expect exceptional speed and acceleration from the racehorse and apart from that you also get the exclusive Nuevo Paraiso Saddle which is a handmade beautiful saddle made out of dark chocolate leather with silver medallion detailing. You will be able to use the racehorse and the saddle in Red Dead Redemption 2 Story Mode.
- Talisman and Medallion Gameplay Bonuses: These special tems will give the main lead, Arthur a boost in skills and other gameplay enhancements. For example, the Eagle Talon Talisman when attached to Arthur’s boot will give a boost to the environmental awareness skill which will also last longer. Another special bonus item is the Iguana Scale which can be placed in his personal Satchel and this will help Arthur take less damage while riding on horseback.
- Gameplay Boosts, Cash Bonuses & Discounts: These set of exclusive Story Mode boosts, bonuses and discounts are going to help Arthur to make it out there in the harsh wilds and better provide for his gang members and their camp. The Core Stat boost benefits Arthur’s Stamina, Health and Dead Eye Cores. You can earn more cash while completing the robbery missions along with the Van der Linde gang, and when you’re hunting and selling/trading animal carcasses. You will also receive special discounts on all upgrades to the Van der Linde gang’s camp.
- The Nuevo Paraiso Gunslinger Outfit: This exclusive Story Mode attire for Arthur is inspired by the attire worn by vaqueros and banditos from the south of the border. The attire includes a wide brimmed black cowboy hat, deep indigo coat, worn denim chaps, leather gloves, and boots.
- Free Access to Additional Weapons: A good variety of weapons is important for your survival in the Old West. You will get free access to three weapons at the in-game Gunsmiths in Story Mode. The weapons you get are the robust Volcanic Pistol, devastating Pump Action Shotgun, and versatile Lancaster Varmint Rifle.
Red Dead Redemption 2: Ultimate Edition
The Red Dead Redemption 2: Ultimate Edition offers all of the Story Mode content from the Special Edition in addition to additional bonuses for online gameplay which includes the following.
- Bonus Outfits: You get two special outfits for your online character. One of them is a Blackrose Bounty Hunter Outfit that includes a long oxblood-colored coat, a jacket with a gold pocket watch chain, and dark pants tucked into chocolate leather boots. The second outfit is the Copperhead Enforcer Outfit which features a fur-lined saddle-brown leather waistcoat, two-tone gloves, and pinstripe black pants tucked into black leather boots.
- Black Chestnut Thoroughbred: Leave the competition behind with this amazingly fast racehorse in an impressive black chestnut coat and you will also be given the exclusive High Plains Cutting Saddle superbly crafted jet-black leather with gold metal accents. This horse and saddle are only available in online gameplay.
- Free Access to the Survivor Camp Theme: You can easily personalize your own personal Camp in the online mode with free access to the Survivor theme.
- Free Access to Additional Weapons: You will also get to use the Volcanic Pistol, Pump Action Shotgun and Lancaster Varmint Rifle. This will be completely free of charge from the Gunsmiths in online mode.
- Rank Bonuses: All the Ultimate Edition players can rank up faster in the online mode and this boost is active until you reach rank 25.
So, these are the differences between the different variants of Red Dead Redemption 2. We took a look at several different editions – Ultimate Edition vs. Special Edition vs. Standard of the game and checked out what perks each version has to offer.